What you will need (makes about 19 balls)
- pitted dates (I bought mine in the baking isle, and used half the package)
- nuts of your choice (I used salted peanuts)
- dark chocolate
- large sea salt flakes
- food chopper (I have a kitchen aid mini one)
- wax paper
How to make
- Take about 1/4 cup of peanuts and chop them up in your food processor. Remove and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- My dates came in a brick so I took about half the package and hand chopped it to be in smaller pieces. Place the chopped dates in a food processor and pulse until broken up and soft (this is actually pretty hard the dates are sticky and take a few minutes to break down properly as a heads up) remove from processor and add to the peanuts. Hand mix until you can get the dates and peanuts as mixed as you can, you will have loose peanuts on the bottom of the bowl.
- Using a tablespoon scoop out the date mixture and add in a few more loose peanuts if you wish form into a ball and place on wax paper.
- Melt your dark chocolate and dip half the date ball in the chocolate. Let cool slightly and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Keep the balls in the fridge until ready to eat, they should keep fresh for the week ahead.