What you will need:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I like to use a brand called real salt for baking)
1/3 cup fresh brewed coffee, I added milk to my coffee so it was creamy!
1 tsp rum extract
1 ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. This recipe made 9 for me. Filling the cups about 3/4 maybe a bit less I don't like them overflowing when baked these don't really rise like a regular cake.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Into cooled butter, whisk in coffee, egg, and extract until well combined. Add banana and mash well to incorporate.My potato masher worked great a fork was too slippery.
- Pour into dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Like cake batter mixing too much makes your cake dense.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.