matte: yes it has a matte finish but for my skin it did not keep it matte.
sheer tint: I found this to be medium coverage and do not use any concealer or foundation just this not 100% why "sheer" is in the name.
I bought the shade porcelain, it is light (but not too pale) and blends well does not oxidize or darken on the skin. Available at Superstores and Joe Fresh stores and retails for $14
- good coverage
- has a nice finish
- mixes well with primers/lotions and other foundations
- long wearing (on oilier skin it will melt in some spots but coverage stays in most places)
I have been mixing this with lotion to give it a bit of a lighter feel on the skin. I have mixed it with other foundations and primers and have had no problem it blends and mixes very nicely. When I wash my face at night my soap is tinted so this lasts a full day which is a treat.
- settles into larger pores
- can cling to dry patches of skin
- did not help to keep my skin matte
- can feel heavy on its own
For my tastes I have found it to be not as low maintenance as I had hoped. I wish it helped my skin stay matte a bit better and that I didn't have to mix it with other products.
If any body has skin like mine and wants to recommend a foundation for me do share!