Original recipe can be found here.
What you will need: (taken from original recipe)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened (I used margarine and it was fine)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature (I used egg replacer for one batch they turned out just as good)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (I used a full tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
How to make: (edited a bit from original recipe)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, approximately 30 seconds. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and instant coffee for another 30 seconds.
a separate mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and mix into the sugar mixture
(I used a spoon and my hands)
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down the dough with the back of
These spread but not bad the more you flatten them the "flatter" they will be
- Bake for 12 minutes or until nicely browned on the bottom. Like a snickerdoodle these will look puffy and under baked when you take them out of the oven. You can let them cool for a minute on the pan and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool, they flatten and harden when cool.
- Once cooled make the glaze (you want it to be runny enough to drizzles but not too runny add icing sugar as needed) and drizzle over the cookies.
These cookies don't "need" the icing but it does add a bit extra to them:)