What you will need (makes about 19 balls)
- pitted dates (I bought mine in the baking isle, and used half the package)
- nuts of your choice (I used salted peanuts)
- dark chocolate
- large sea salt flakes
- food chopper (I have a kitchen aid mini one)
- wax paper
How to make
- My dates came in a brick so I took about half the package and hand chopped it to be in smaller pieces. Place the chopped dates in a food processor and pulse until broken up and soft (this is actually pretty hard the dates are sticky and take a few minutes to break down properly) near the end when they are almost into small bits add in the peanuts and pulse until combined.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Using a tablespoon scoop out the date mixture and form into a ball with your hands, place on wax paper.
- Melt your dark chocolate and dip half the date ball in the chocolate. Let cool slightly and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Keep the balls in the fridge until ready to eat, they should keep fresh for the week ahead.